The first Bullet Pen poetry contest is here. This is in conjunction with and in pleasant memory of The Princess Project Kenya and in honour of the benefits of collaborative writing which include our good friend Stephen Derwent Partington who donated copies of his book to The Princess Project Kenya.
Three times peace!
Peace is the theme of this Spikey 58!
- Poems, only, should be submitted to this contest.
- All poems should carry the theme, peace.
- Each poet submits one poem.
- Language: English. If a poem is written in another language, it should be accompanied with an English translation.
- Font type: Book Antiqua
- Font size: 12
- Do not justify your poem.
- Email your submission to email@example.com as a Microsoft Word 97-2003 attachment.
Deadline for submissions is 23rd November 2012.
The judges of the contest are Stephen Derwent Partington, poet, poetry editor and author of How to Euthanise a Cactus, and Kevin Orato a poet who reads too much poetry for his own good and has developed a commendable aversion to performance poetry.
PRIZES: The best five poems by the best five poets will each win a copy of How to Euthanise a Cactus by Stephen Derwent Partington.
The shortlist will be published on this website on 30th November 2012 and the winners will be announced on 7th December 2012.
FIERY RED WARNING: Friends, nuclear family members, boyfriends and/or girlfriends, children, cats, dogs, fishes, cows and robots of Lesleigh Inc staff should not participate in the Spikey 58 contest.
CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO POETS RESIDING IN KENYA.